Saturday, August 30, 2008

WOOO

It's been a while since I posted anything here. I was contemplating abandoning this one altogether for a Wordpress personal blog, but decided that fuck it, I like this one.

Started a new blog called Cage Rage. Arik Knapp and I are going to watch all Nicholas Cage movies ever, or at least until we get bored. I'm not looking forward to Bangkok Dangerous, but any excuse to watch Raising Arizona sounds great to me.

MTV News ran a story today over three damn months ago about Wizard Rock. (I get my retarded news from Fark, and they just now put it up.) Now of course that "scene" was known to me, but I didn't realize just how many of those bands there were, and I sure didn't think they'd still going a year after the final book was released. It's cool, in a way, that they're all doing this; such a fan movement rivals anything Star Wars or Star Trek fans have ever done. Most of it is pretty much impossible to enjoy or even listen to, but it's nice to see all those fans uniting in the name of creating art based on other art. (Yes, when I was going through a deep obsession with the HP universe, I listened to a few of the more popular wizard rock bands. I found them all to be fairly shitty, with the exception of The Remus Lupins, which is actually just one guy.)

K, nothing interesting to say. Out.

No comments: